Deutscher Bob

Monday, March 28, 2005

der Autobahn, die Alpen (again)

I rented a car for Sunday. They were fresh out of Porsches.



Driving on the Autobahn was fun. I could get used to that. If you really don't need a car though, it would be cheaper and easier to take the train any real distance.

I drove to the Garmisch area. I brought my skis, hoping to do some backcountry stuff. A variety of forces conspired to prevent that from happening though. I was disorganized and left a little later than I planned. The time changed so I lost an hour there in addition. It was Easter so none of the outdoor store type places I had hoped to stop in and ask at were open. All the snow had melted.

There was really a Spring feeling going on in the area. Road biking, mountain biking and white water kayaking were going on all over.



I eventually found a little hike to do.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home