Deutscher Bob

Thursday, March 10, 2005

EuroPets

One of my first experiences in Germany was that of watching a German Sheperd relieve himself directly under a No Dogs Allowed sign (the apparent owner watching from a nearby doorwell) and then proceed to kick his handywork no less than 10 feet behind him with uncanny accuracy into my person. Turned out this owner was the exception to the rule, as ever since then I've been amazed and bothered by the German people's propensity for rule following (read: waiting for 5 minutes at a cross walk at 2 am with a No Walk sign and no cars anywhere in sight). As a general rule though, German dogs always seem to remind me of German people.

And, of course, Estonian cats are exactly like Estonians.



Karlos Santana: a perfect Czech.



I wasn't there, but the cat Shelley photographed in Provence sure looks French to me.



"Research at the University of California, San Diego indicates that when people pick a dog, they look for one that, at some level, bears some resemblance to them. And when they get a purebred dog, they get what they want. When given a choice of two dogs, judges correctly matched 25 purebreds with their owners nearly two out of three times."

Did that study need any more evidence than the pair I saw at an RER station in Paris?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home