Deutscher Bob

Monday, January 24, 2005

Garmisch-Partenkirchen

I took a train ride through Munich, to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, two connected towns on the German side of the Alps on the border of Austria. I found a room at a nice small hotel for a good price, with a nice view and nice owners. My room had a little balcony with a view of town and the mountains behind.



I went out on cross-country skis for a few hours. I think I read there are 70 km of trails... but the ones I was on were pretty boring, especially on standard fat, slow backcountry skis like mine. The skate skiing looked really fun though; I tried to rent some the next day, with no luck. At any rate, the scenery was excellent.









The Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany, is clearly visible from everywhere in town.



I guess it's a touristy ski resort town, but it's still really nice.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home